Delhi Bazaars (Markets) are amazing blend of things. In India Delhi is famous for many and uncountable things which easily cannot be explained with words. Only visiting the places and experiencing the culture and beliefs of here , will make you realised about why people love to live in delhi.I have roamed many places in India and abroad but living and enjoying food, places markets, club & pubs in the Delhi impart me the unique and special feeling what I never felt anywhere else. – Delhi Bazaars (Markets)
This is a city where all religions made by humans live together with love and support of each other. It is city of mix culture where all the festivals are celebrated. The city connects to the very interesting markets for your all needs like clothes, handicrafts, furniture, unique gift item or regular usable things and much more. And if you are a traveller or tourist then information about top 10 markets in delhi may help you explore better for you only. – Delhi Bazaars (Markets)
1. Janpath – Connaught Place Market – In Delhi Bazaars
This is a fabulous market for tourists and it has variety in range although when you will visit this market you will see many tourists roaming round in the market already. As for many tourists it is pet place to shop on. Here you can bargain for things or article you buy as no fixed price is here. – Delhi Bazaars
- You can buy here :- clothes, different Articles as show pieces, fashion Jewellery, numerous unique handicraft items, shoes, antique articles, Indian arts, paintings, things of brass
- Basic Address :- Janpath Road starts from outer circle of Connaught Place- central Delhi.
- Close on :- Never
2. Chandni Chowk – In Delhi Bazaars
Image credit – www.holidaytravel.co
The most oldest area of delhi is chandni chowk. This place is renowned in delhi markets as this place surrounds very famous Red Fort and Jama Masjid (mosque) which is main attraction of Tourists. This is very crowded place to do shopping but I can bet also that what you will get here nowhere else easily. Due to Its narrow routes main inside the market, cars don’t enter easily in every place so tourists prefer rikshaw. Here different markets are called bazaar in different areas as like for electronics and gorgeous fancy lights it is hub here which is called Bhagirath Palace. For buying clothes & fabric you need to go to katra Neel. There is world famous spice market Khari Baoli. For wedding shopping there is Kinari bazaar. For silver jewellery there is Dariba Kalan and for gold jewellery there is Kucha Mahajani. – Delhi Bazaars
- Basic address :- Old Delhi.
- Close on :- Sundays.
- All you can buy :- Jewelry, electronic goods, Fabrics, and spices
3. Sarojini Nagar Market – In Delhi Bazaars
Do you search for market where designer and hippy clothes are cheap. Your destination is here only. As Sarojini Nagar market in Delhi Bazaars is for cheaper clothes and shoes & rest wearable accessory of men and women. Here you will can buy clothes of minor defect which are rejected from export house and brands. All kind of fashion accessories are available here in shops. Here open stalls and covered shops both sell the goods. Most of the time this market is filled with girls who are crazy for shopping. – Delhi Bazaars
- Address :- Near Safdarjung Airport and hospital- South Delhi,
- Close on :- monday
- All you can buy here :- Shoes, Indian clothes, hippy clothes,fashion accessories, Designer clothes
4. Shankar Market – In Delhi Bazaars
Image Credit – https://farm6.staticflickr.com
If you still believe in buying fabrics and then getting it stitched according to your body fittings. Then Shankar Market in Delhi Bazaars is a place for you. Here all kind of fabrics are sold – Cotton, silk, lenin, printed and non printed. Even few shops sell woollen stuff. Many people in the Delhi are habitual to stitch their 3 piece suit from this market. It is also very easily accessible market as is just on the outer circle before M block Connaught Place. – Delhi Bazaars
- Address :- Opposite M-Block Connaught Place
- Close on :- Sundays.
- You can buy here :- Fabrics.
5. Dilli Haat – In Delhi Bazaars
It is a market of traditional and unique things where many arts, efforts, beliefs are attached in goods what you buy. here you can find handicrafts and traditional food with variety. Visit to experience it. – Delhi Bazaars
- Location :- south Delhi – Opposite INA Market And North Delhi – Pitampura,
- Close :- never
- You can buy here :- Artistic things, Indian handcrafts, gift items and variety of foods
6. Paharganj – In Delhi Bazaars
Image Credit – http://www.livemint.com/
In Delhi Bazaars – Paharganj is very old place like chandni chowk. This market is very famous for its Variety of products. Here you will find many shop keepers sell imported stuff and also they export to foreign. We don’t call this market as expensive one rather a market of quality goods with reasonable price. So This is a bargain market. So use your bargaining skilling here. – Delhi Bazaars
- Address :- Before the New Delhi Railway Station, Paharganj Main Bazaar.
- Close on :- Never
- Things you can buy here :- Books, Textiles, Jewellery, music, , handicrafts, shoes, Clothes, hookah pipes and lots more.
7. Khan Market – In Delhi Bazaars
Image Credit – https://upload.wikimedia.org/
This market is master piece in Delhi Bazaars. Khan market is the best place for shoppers who believe in quality at any price. Means who don’t believe in bargaining. So Yes this market has branded showrooms and very interesting shops with its quality products and services. Khan market structure is “U” shape which makes it more Amazing. This market has lots of departmental stores who sell imported products for quality buyers. Here you are tailors of high end quality stitching. Khadi clothes and fabric, Ayurvedic products, and much more to explore. Here you will find lots of cafes, lounges bars and Food joints. Most interesting “Talk” about this market is that here parking is absolutely free. This market was established in 1951. – Delhi Bazaars
- Address :- Near lodhi road from India Gate. South delhi
- Close on :- sunday
- Things you may buy here :- Ayurvedic products, home furnishings, Books, tailored clothes, cosmetics and lots more
8. Sunder Nagar – In Delhi Bazaars
Image Credit – http://www.sodelhi.com/
In simple words – it is market of rich buyers who believe in unique, quality, original artistic and antique things which make their home priceless. Variety of tea shops are here like “MITTAL TEA HOUSE” very famous for different kind of teas. It is very posh and scaled market. So Make it sure that when you go to this market your pocket should be full of money. – Delhi Bazaars
- Address :- Near Oberoi Hotel & zoo of delhi, Off Mathura Road
- Close on :- Sundays.
- Things you may buy here :- Art, Textiles, Antiques, Silver Jewellery, Tea, Carpets
9. Lajpat Nagar – In Delhi Bazaars
Image Credit – https://www.wheelstreet.in
You name a things what Lajpat nagar market of Delhi Bazaars does not have. Many grand Malls very build in delhi & Ncr but no any new market or new market destination been able till today to pull off its crowd from it . during festivals or just like that, you will find here always many mehendiwalas. so People come here to design mehendi on their hands. Middle class choices rule this market culture. so Everything like shoes, clothes or designer clothes, jewellery, awesome food, bags, home furnishings, tattoo designer and much more you may buy here. – Delhi Bazaars
- Address :- Aside Defense Colony
- Close on :- Monday.
- Things you may buy here :- Home furnishings, Designer or non designer clothes, bags, shoes and women accessories
10. Matka Market – In Delhi Bazaars
Although all Delhi Bazaars are unique but If you want to decorate your house then go to Matka Market it is in south delhi. as here you will find numerous sellers of colourful diyas of clay and pots with huge variety, also you will find amazing terracotta bankura horses, clay made hindu GODs and GODDESSES idols , Ganden Pots , earthen wind chimes and Jaipuri pottery. During Diwali festival huge rush of buyers covers this market. – Delhi Bazaars
Address :- A.K. Roy Marg, near Sarojini Nagar bus depot, south Delhi.
Close on :- Never
You may buy here :- Clay made things
Thank you for visiting us. For finding more new and interesting Topics and Informations Check Out Here